The Scag Turf Tiger™
Since its introduction in 1998, the Turf Tiger™ has been in a class by itself. There is no competition. Period.
The Scag Turf Tiger can cover major ground with its productive 12 mph ground speed (29hp and larger models) and large 10 gallon fuel tank. The simple, trouble-free shaft drive cutter deck means minimum maintenance requirements and a wide range of cutting heights. The double tube steel main frame gives the mower incredible strength and durability.
From the heavy-duty, Tri-Plate Velocity Plus™ cutter decks, to the various high-power, fuel efficient engine options, there's a Tiger that will increase your productivity and send your competition running for cover! Contact your local Scag dealer for a field demonstration today and see for yourself how the Scag Turf Tiger stands in a class by itself, above the competition.
Dual-Fuel Turf Tiger model is also available.
- 52-, 61-, or 72-inch Velocity Plus cutter deck
- Engine options ranging from 27hp to 35hp
- 16cc Heavy-duty hydraulic drive pumps
- Up to 12 MPH ground speed for more productivity
- Command Comfort Operating Station
- Aluminized exhaust system
- Foot pedal cutter deck lift system
- 10 gallon fuel tank (11 gal. on CAT diesel)
- Up to 350 ft. lb. PTO Clutch Brake
- Double-tube steel main frame
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles
- Operator friendly instrument panel
- Coolers keep oil temperatures within a safe operating level and adds to hydraulic system component life.
- Up to 12 MPH (diesel, and 29hp & larger gas models) or 10.5 MPH (27hp models) forward speeds and 5 MPH reverse speeds keep productivity at a maximum.
Hydraulic Drive System
Heavy-duty hydraulic drive system includes dual 16cc Hydro-Gear pumps, and Hydro-Gear (27hp models) or Ross wheel motors (diesel, and 29hp and larger gas models) for reliable, Zero Turn maneuverability. Hydro-Gear 16cc hydraulic pumps provide smooth, positive and reliable power to the drive wheels. Extra-large input bearing, input shaft and internal components add to reliability and performance. Built-in pressure relief valves reduce internal pressure spikes and add to pump life.
Diesel and 29hp & larger gas models feature a cooling fan mounted directly to the pumps providing additional cooling for added pump life.
Driveshaft driven cutter deck eliminates belt slip and provides increased reliability and longevity compared to a belt drive system.
Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide reliable performance season after season. The Scag spindle easily handles the high horsepower and torque requirements of this powerful mower. Three year limited warranty.
Choose a 52", 61" or 72" Velocity Plus™ cutter deck. Match that with a 27hp Kohler Command or 31hp Kohler Aegis EFI engine; 27hp or 29hp DFI liquid-cooled Kawasaki engine; 35hp Briggs Vanguard air-cooled V-twin engine; or CAT 28hp diesel engine.
The CAT 28hp 3-cylinder, liquid-cooled diesel engine is a perfect complement to the Turf Tiger. This dependable unit delivers amazing power from an ultra-compact package size. Cutting-edge technology also ensures that the CAT diesel is clean and quiet running. Scag's proven rubber iso-mounting system minimizes vibration from the engine for maximum operator comfort.
The 29hp Kawasaki DFI (digital fuel injection), and the 31hp Kohler Aegis EFI (electronic fuel injection) are both incredibly powerful and efficient powerhouses. These engines will start easier and are more fuel efficient than carbureted models, reducing overall operating cost. They are also liquid-cooled for long life when compared to the other air-cooled fuel-injected engines on the market today.
Single fuel tank, 10 gallon capacity (11 gal. on CAT diesel) keeps you in the field cutting grass. Fuel tank is positioned low, in the center of the machine, enhancing the mower's low center-of-gravity and giving it excellent hillside stability. Fill up in the morning and cut all day long.
Steel Frame Construction
Double tube steel main frame construction delivers superior strength and ensures years of trouble free service. This design is much stronger than "bolt together" frame designs. The main frame was designed for an ultra-low center-of-gravity to increase hillside stability.
The Ogura GT3.5 PTO Clutch Brake delivers 250 ft. lbs. of starting and stopping torque. A GT5 model with 350 ft. lbs. of torque is used with the 35hp Briggs Vanguard engines. Adjustable air gap ensures long component life.
Standard equipment auxiliary canister air filter system on all Turf Tigers. This provides increased service intervals and longer engine life. Kohler engines feature removable access panels for easy cleaning of the cooling fins.
Engine radiator is mounted in front of the engine, as the engine manufacturer intended. Having the radiator positioned behind the seat offers extra protection against impacts and foreign material. Hydraulic oil cooler is also mounted in front of the radiator for maximum airflow and heat dissipation.
Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient, easy to lift, 3-position adjustable foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1" to 6" in 1/4" increments (21 different cutting height settings).
Custom-Cut Baffle allows you to customize the cutter deck to your individual cutting conditions. Deck leveling adjustment bracket allows for easy in-the-field deck leveling adjustment.
Command-Comfort Operator's Station
- Command-Comfort Operator's Station provides unmatched fatigue-fighting comfort (diesel, and 29hp & larger gas models). Quick-Fit control levers, torsion spring suspension seat, and 3-position deck lift foot pedal combine to provide unprecedented levels of adjustability and ergonomics.
- Levers with dual gas-charged dampers for smooth, precise responsiveness. Steering levers are adjustable (without tools) to fit a wide range of operator sizes, increasing operator comfort.
- Suspension seat with cushioned armrests is adjustable to individual operator weights for increased support and reduced operator fatigue (standard on diesel, and 29hp+ gas models). High-back Soft-Ride seat standard on 27hp models; Suspension seat optional.
- Convenient cup holder keeps beverage securely in place and within easy reach.
Tires & Wheels
Extra-large 24 inch drive tires and up to 13 x 6 - 6 caster wheels ensure better traction, less turf tearing and easy curb climbing.
Flat-Free front caster tires virtually eliminate downtime and expense caused by flat front tires.
Tapered roller bearings are utilized in the front caster wheels and in the caster pivots for durability and reduced maintenance.
- "Split-Steel" pulleys are used on load carrying areas like the cutter deck spindles and pump drive systems. Split steel pulleys are stronger than cast iron or stamped pulley designs. Our pulleys are strong for long life and lightweight for reduced inertia and decreased wear on the cutter deck drive system.
- No plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
Operator Friendly Instrument Panel
- Operator friendly instrument panel includes an ammeter, ignition switch, mower engagement switch, water temperature gauge (liquid-cooled engines only), separate choke and throttle controls. The hour meter is conveniently located at the rear of mower near the engine.
- Digital Smart Sense hour meter displays maintenance reminders to help ensure that routine service is completed.
User-friendly Mower Design
User-friendly mower design allows quick, clean access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance. Rear access panel exposes self-adjusting PTO, and hydraulic pump drive belts.
- Spring loaded idler arms effortlessly keep belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Excellent hillside stability due to an exceptionally low center-of-gravity and extra wide stance.
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp longer for reduced maintenance.
- High quality electrical components such as switches, wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for trouble-free service.
- Foldable Rollover Protection System (ROPS) is standard equipment and easily fits into enclosed trailers. ROPS provides additional operator safety. Retractable seatbelts for added convenience.
The Scag "Simply the Best" commercial warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of profitable service.
Scag Turf Tiger Models
- STT52V-27CH 52-inch Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 27hp Kohler air-cooled engine
- STT61V-27CH 61-inch Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 27hp Kohler air-cooled engine
- STT61V-27KA 61-inch Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 27hp Kawasaki liquid-cooled engine
- STT61V-28CAT-SS 61-inch Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 28hp CAT liquid-cooled diesel engine
- STT61V-29KA-DFI-SS 61-inch Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 29hp Kawasaki liquid-cooled engine, fuel-injected
- STT61V-31EFI-SS 61-inch Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 31hp Kohler Aegis liquid-cooled engine, fuel-injected
- STT61V-35BVAC-SS 61-inch Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 35hp Briggs-Vanguard air-cooled engine
- STT72V-28CAT-SS 72-inch Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 28hp CAT liquid-cooled diesel engine
- STT72A-29KA-DFI-SS 72-inch Advantage Cutter Deck, 29hp Kawasaki liquid-cooled engine, fuel-injected
- STT72A-35BVAC-SS 72-inch Advantage Cutter Deck, 35hp Briggs-Vanguard air-cooled engine
Scag Turf Tiger Accessories
Tiger Striper™ - Lawn Striping System
The patented Tiger Stripe Lawn Striping System is the ultimate way to enhance the striping ability of your Turf Tiger. The Tiger Striper has unique features that allow you to turn the stripe on and off, and remove the entire roller system without tools. It is spring-loaded so it applies downward pressure onto the grass. This further enhances the stripe and allows the roller to contour to uneven terrain better than standard fixed rollers.
3-Bag Grass Collection System
The spindle driven grass collection system for the Turf Tiger makes bagging easy and productive. A 16 bushel capacity, high-performance blower, and easy-on, easy-off design make this a must have accessory for any 52”, 61" or 72" Turf Tiger (not available for 72" Velocity Plus decks).
"CS" Clam Shell “Dump-From-the-Seat" Grass Collection System
The "CS" Clam Shell, Dump from the Seat grass collection system for the Turf Tiger makes bagging a breeze. The operator pulls a dump lever, from the seat, which opens the rear door and activates a sweeping arm that cleans out the hopper. A large 12 bushel capacity and high-performance blower keep you in the grass. This productive accessory will fit 52", 61" or 72" Turf Tigers. (Not available for 72" Velocity Plus decks).
Halogen Light Kit
The Scag halogen light kit is easy to mount, and provides bright white light to illuminate your way. 76 watts total, 38 watts per light. Kits available to fit 2002 and newer Scag zero turn riders.
12-inch Chrome Wheel Cover
Classy Chrome Wheel Covers are made of extremely durable plastic. They include metal retaining tabs, an access hole for the valve stem and proudly feature the Scag logo in chrome. Sold in sets of two to fit the rear drive wheels.
Flat-Free Front Caster Tire
The semi-pneumatic Flat-Free Caster Tire helps minimize downtime resulting from flats. Standard on 2006 and newer models.
Hurricane Plus Mulching System™
The Hurricane Plus Mulching system fits all 2006 and newer Scag mowers with the Velocity Plus deck. It utilizes "eye of the hurricane" mulching plates combined with bolt-in v-baffles, flow directors and Eliminator mulching blades to create the best performing, most productive mulching system available for commercial mowers! Hurricane Mulch System also available for 2004 and newer Advantage decks.
This torsion spring suspension seat provides the ultimate in operator comfort. The side bolsters and lumbar region of the seat provide the occupant with additional support when riding over uneven terrain. A full 60mm of travel is available in the suspension system. **Standard on 2005 and newer Turf Tiger models with diesel or 29hp and larger gas engines; optional on 27hp models and 2004 and previous models.
The Turf Tiger bumper provides additional protection against trailer damage and damage from foreign objects. Please note: The bumper cannot be used in conjunction with Scag grass collection systems.
Roll Over Protection System
The Roll Over Protection System is OSHA certified. It includes all of the necessary mounting hardware along with a seatbelt. It has a low profile design to fit into enclosed trailers. **Standard on 2005 and newer models; available as option on select prior models.
OCDC (Operator-Controlled Discharge Chute)
The Scag Operator-Controlled Discharge Chute allows the operator to temporarily close-off the cutter deck’s discharge opening when mowing along sidewalks, around flowerbeds, etc. Available for select Velocity Plus deck models only.
The Scag Mulch Plate is an easy way to mulch. A simple bolt-on plate captures the grass under the cutter deck where it can be mulched into small clippings.
Built Scag tough with 12 gauge steel, the cup holder enables the operator to safely and conveniently carry a beverage with them. Rubber retainers keep your beverage container in place, even over bumpy terrain. This cup holder will fit on ALL of your Scag mowers. **Standard on 2005 and newer models; available as option on 2004 and previous models.
Pull a trailer with the optional hitch! Haul landscape supplies; pull behind attachments or handheld equipment right to the job site. Make yourself more productive by reducing the number of trips back and forth to the truck. Take it with you! (250 lb. capacity)
This innovative tool allows easy, safe and fast cutter blade removal. It safely secures the cutter blade from rotating when a blade change is needed. The Blade Buddy can be used on ALL of your Scag mowers!