The Scag Tiger Cat™
With roaring power and agile maneuverability, the compact Scag Tiger Cat ® is a force all its own. Where productivity is essential, the Tiger Cat delivers with ease, capable of handling more than 24 acres per day.
Powerful engines up to 27hp and a tough dual pump and wheel motor drive system ensure dependable performance, year after year. Equipped with a Velocity Plus™ cutter deck, this mower will tame the tallest grass and leave it looking smooth and professionally manicured.
A full-body welded steel frame will not yield to tough terrain, while the low center-of-gravity keeps the Tiger Cat stable. The replaceable front caster extension protects the main frame against impact damage and features tapered roller bearings in the caster yoke pivots for long, dependable life.
Comfort is maximized with either an adjustable suspension seat or a soft-ride seat. Adjustable steering levers, arm rests and a big foot platform reduce operator fatigue.
- 48-, 52- or 61-inch Velocity Plus Cutter Decks
- Engine options ranging from 22hp to 27hp
- 10cc heavy-duty hydraulic drive pumps
- Up to 10 MPH ground speed for more productivity
- Aluminized exhaust system
- Suspension Seat or Soft-Ride seat
- Foot pedal cutter deck lift system
- Dual 4 gallon fuel tanks (8 gallon total capacity)
- 250 ft. lb. PTO clutch brake
- Tubular, one-piece welded steel main frame
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles
- Operator friendly instrument panel
Hydraulic Drive System
Heavy-duty hydraulic drive system includes dual 10cc pumps and large capacity wheel motors for reliable, zero turn maneuverability.
Up to 10 MPH forward and 4.5 MPH reverse speeds keep productivity at a maximum.
Compact mower size enables you to take the Tiger Cat into tight places. The Tiger Cat occupies less space on your trailer without sacrificing performance.
Choose a 48", 52" or 61" Velocity Plus™ cutter deck. Match that with a 22hp or 24hp Kawasaki, 25hp or 27hp Kohler,or 26hp Briggs & Stratton Professional Series air cooled engine. Click here for a complete list of engine and cutter deck combinations.
Fully- welded unitized steel main frame design is stronger than "bolt-together" frame designs. Front caster extension is replaceable in the event of an impact.
Dual 4 gallon fuel tanks (8 gallons total) keep you in the field cutting grass. Fuel tanks feature extra large, angled filler necks for easy filling. Molded-in cup holder allows for added operator convenience and comfort.
Operator Comfort & Controls
- Suspension seat or Soft-Ride seat gives the operator a comfortable ride, all day long. Seats are adjustable and feature armrests for additional comfort.
- Molded-in cup holder allows for added operator convenience and comfort.
- The foot plate area is extra-large for improved operator comfort and easier mounting and dismounting of the mower.
- Standard-style steering controls are ergonomically-shaped and padded for easy control and maximum operator comfort.
- Steering dampers are designed and located for smooth operation and minimal fatigue.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1" to 5" in 1/4" increments.
- Operator friendly instrument panel located just to the left of the operator. It includes an ammeter, ignition switch, mower engagement switch, and separate choke and throttle controls (hour meter located toward the rear of the mower).
- User-friendly design allows quick access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance.
- 'Split Steel' pulleys are used on load-carrying areas like the cutter deck spindles and pump drive systems. Split steel pulleys are stronger than cast-iron or stamped pulley designs. Our pulleys are strong for long life and lightweight for reduced inertia and decreased wear on the cutter deck drive system.
- No plastic pulleys - Some other brands actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
Wheels & TIres
- Large drive tires ensure solid traction and easy curb climbing. Large pneumatic front caster tires for a smoother ride.
- Tapered roller bearings are utilized in the front caster wheels and in the caster pivots for durability and reduced maintenance. These bearings can handle a 50% larger load than standard ball bearings. They are well suited to handle the daily pounding the front caster wheels receive.
Interlocked parking brake system prevents movement while trailering or when parked on inclines. The mower cannot be driven when the brake is applied. This prevents premature brake wear.
Standard equipment auxiliary canister air filter system on most Tiger Cats. This provides increased service intervals and longer engine life. (26hp Briggs ELS model features an integrated oval cartridge-style filter.)
Foldable Rollover Protection System (ROPS) is standard equipment and easily fits into enclosed trailers. ROPS provides additional operator safety. Retractable seatbelts for added convenience.
- Deck leveling adjustment bracket allows for easy in-the-field deck leveling adjustment.
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp longer for reduced maintenance.
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide reliable, top-notch performance day in and day out.
- Custom-Cut Baffle allows you to customize the cutter deck to your individual cutting conditions.
- Spring-loaded idler arms effortlessly keep belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Aluminized engine exhaust reduces back pressure, increases performance, and lasts longer than conventional steel construction.
- 10cc hydraulic pumps provide smooth and reliable power. Built in pressure relief valves reduce internal pressure spikes and add to hydraulic component life.
- Engine oil drain makes maintenance clean and easy.
- Replaceable trim side wear pad on the cutter deck helps protect landscape and the edge of the cutter deck from wear and tear.
- High quality electrical components such as switches, wiring, sealed fuses and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for dependable service.
- Digital SmartSense hour meter displays maintenance reminders to help ensure that routine service is completed.
- There are many productive accessories for the Tiger Cat like the Tiger Striping kit, the 16 bushel spindle driven grass catcher, the 12 bushel dump-from-the-seat catcher system, and many more!
SCAG TIGER CAT ™ MOWER OPTIONS/ ENGINE AND CUTTER DECK COMBINATIONS*
- STC48V-22FS 48-inch Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 22hp Kawasaki air-cooled engine
- STC48V-25CV 48-inch Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 25hp Kohler air-cooled engine
- STC48V-26BS 48-inch Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 26hp Briggs & Stratton ELS air-cooled engine
- STC52V-24FX 52-inch Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 24hp Kawasaki air-cooled engine
- STC52V-27CV 52-inch Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 27hp Kohler air-cooled engine
- STC61V-27CV 61-inch Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 27hp Kohler air-cooled engine
Scag Tiger Cat Accessories
Tiger Striper™ - Lawn Striping System
The patented Tiger Stripe Lawn Striping System is the ultimate way to enhance the striping ability of your Tiger Cat. The Tiger Striper has unique features that allow you to turn the stripe on and off, and remove the entire roller system without tools. It is spring-loaded so it applies downward pressure onto the grass. This further enhances the stripe and allows the roller to contour to uneven terrain better than standard fixed rollers.
3-Bag Grass Collection System
The spindle driven grass collection system for the Tiger Cat makes bagging easy and productive. A 16 bushel capacity, high-performance blower, and easy-on, easy-off design make this a must have accessory for any Tiger Cat.
CS Clam Shell™ 'Dump-From-the-Seat' Grass Collection System
The "CS" Clam Shell , Dump from the Seat grass collection system for the Tiger Cat makes bagging a breeze. The operator pulls a dump lever, from the seat, which opens the rear door and activates a sweeping arm that cleans out the hopper. A large 12 bushel capacity and high-performance blower keep you in the grass longer.
Halogen Light Kit
The Scag halogen light kit is easy to mount, and provides bright white light to illuminate your way. 76 watts total, 38 watts per light. Kits available to fit 2002 and newer Scag zero turn riders.
12-inch Chrome Wheel Cover
Classy Chrome Wheel Covers are made of extremely durable plastic. They include metal retaining tabs, an access hole for the valve stem and proudly feature the Scag logo in chrome. Sold in sets of two to fit the rear drive wheels.
Flat-Free Front Caster Tire
The semi-pneumatic Flat-Free Caster Tire helps minimize downtime resulting from flats.
Hurricane Plus Mulching System™
The Hurricane Plus Mulching system fits all 2006 and newer Scag mowers with the Velocity Plus deck. It utilizes "eye of the hurricane" mulching plates combined with bolt-in v-baffles, flow directors and Eliminator mulching blades to create the best performing, most productive mulching system available for commercial mowers!
OCDC (Operator-Controlled Discharge Chute)
The Scag Operator-Controlled Discharge Chute allows the operator to temporarily close-off the cutter deck’s discharge opening when mowing along sidewalks, around flowerbeds, etc. Available for select Velocity Plus deck models only.
The Scag Mulch Plate is an easy way to mulch. A simple bolt-on plate captures the grass under the cutter deck where it can be mulched into small clippings.
This torsion spring suspension seat provides the ultimate in operator comfort. The side bolsters and lumbar region of the seat provide the occupant with additional support when riding over uneven terrain. A full 60mm of travel is available in the suspension system. Optional for Tiger Cat models.
Soft Ride Seat
The Soft Ride Seat is available as an option for the Tiger Cat (standard equipment on the Wildcat mower) and provides a high level of operator comfort. All the cushions feature a thick padding to absorb the bumps and jolts of rough mowing. The back cushion also has increased lower back and lumbar support. The bottom seat cushion has been designed to handle higher weight operators without sacrificing comfort. The armrests are fully padded and pivot upwards if you need to get them out of the way. The entire seat also moves forward and backwards to accommodate different sizes of operators.
Quick-Fit Steering Control Levers
Fully adjustable Quick-Fit steering control levers (patent pending) allow a wide range of adjustments. Fine-tune the lever position for comfort and convenience. Optional for Tiger Cat models.
Pull a trailer with the optional hitch! Haul landscape supplies, pull behind attachments or handheld equipment right to the job site. Make yourself more productive by reducing the number of trips back and forth to the truck. Take it with you! (250 lb. capacity)
This innovative tool allows easy, safe and fast cutter blade removal. It safely secures the cutter blade from rotating when a blade change is needed. The Blade Buddy can be used on ALL of your Scag mowers!