Scag Freedom Z® Riding Mower
What could you do with some extra free time? The latest mower from Scag gives you more free time by reducing your mowing time. If you are cutting your grass with a conventional garden tractor, the Freedom Z could cut your mowing time in half*.
Reclaim your weekend. Give yourself the freedom to spend more time doing the things you really want to be doing like camping, fishing, spending time with your family and friends....the list goes on.
The Freedom Z is designed for commercial and large estate use. We invite you to learn more about the outstanding features of the Freedom Z and how it can save you time while delivering professional results.
- 36*-, 48-, 52- or 61-inch cutter deck
- Engine options range from 18hp to 28hp
- Dual hydraulic transmission drive system
- Up to 8 MPH forward speed for more productivity
- Maintenance-free mower design (no grease points)
- Rubber iso-mounted foot plate
- ROPS standard equipment
- Ultra-comfortable operator's platform
- Up to 7 gallon fuel capacity
- Ogura PTO Clutch Brake
- Single piece, tubular steel main frame
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles
- Operator friendly instrument panel
- Tubular steel rear bumper / engine guard
Up to 8 MPH forward and 5 MPH reverse speeds deliver maximum productivity. Fast ground speeds will make short work of your residential acreage or commercial property.
Fully welded and fabricated, unitized steel main frame design is stronger than "bolt together" or stamped frame designs. This frame is built to last.
Choose from a 36", 48", 52" or 61" cutter deck. Cutter decks are constructed with a 10-gauge top with an 11-gauge reinforcement plate around the spindle mounting area for extra support. The cutter deck skirt is 7-gauge for additional strength.
Power your Freedom with a 17hp or 20hp Kawasaki V-twin, or a 20hp, 26hp or 28hp Briggs & Stratton Professional Series V-twin engine. Click here for a complete list of engine and cutter deck combinations.
Dual Hydro-Gear ZT3100 transaxles (36", 48", and 52" models) or Dual Hydro-Gear ZT-3400 transaxles (61" model) put the power to the ground. These powerful units deliver smooth maneuverability and feature spin-on oil filters (40 micron) for optimal fluid filtration and long component life.
Ogura PTO clutch brake has lots of torque (87 ft/lbs) for smooth blade engagements and solid holding power in heavy cutting conditions. Adjustable airgap delivers long component life. (61" Freedom Z uses GT 3.5 clutch which is 250 ft/lbs)
Up to 7 gallon fuel capacity gives you the freedom to cut vast amounts of grass without having to stop and refuel. The fuel tank features an extra large filler neck for easy refueling. (7gal capacity on 48", 52" and 61" models; 6.5 gal capacity on 36" models)
Ease of Maintenance
- Maintenance free mower design has no grease points, saving you maintenance time and giving you the freedom to do other things.
- Heavy-duty, no maintenance blade drive spindles provide reliable performance day in and day out; aluminum housings and sealed ball bearings.
- Hydraulic oil reservoir and maintenance-free battery are enclosed within the left side tank molding to prevent external damage and to provide a sleek, clean appearance.
- User-friendly mower design allows quick access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance.
- Engine oil drain makes oil changes easy.
- Digital "SmartSense" hour meter features pre-programmed maintenance reminders to help ensure that routine service is completed. Hour meter only activates when engine is running and is located within easy sight of the operator while in the operating position.
- ROPS (Roll Over Protection System) is standard equipment along with retractable seatbelts. ROPS provides additional operator safety.
- Super-tough rear engine guard protects the engine compartment from potential impact damage when backing up.
- Extra large foot plate for improved operator comfort and easier mounting and dismounting of the mower. The pierced, extruded metal tread ensures solid footing. The entire foot plate is rubber iso-mounted for additional operator comfort.
- Easily adjust cutting heights while seated via. Wide range of adjustment from 1
- Foot pedal deck lift features a large knurled peg for
- Spring-loaded, self-adjusting idler arms effortlessly keep all belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and no maintenance.
- Comfortable, easy-to-adjust operator's seat features thick cushions for operator comfort. The bottom cushion is extra thick. Retractable seat belts are standard equipment.
- Padded steering control levers with ultra-smooth dampers for smooth, precise responsiveness. Levers are adjustable.
- Gas-charged steering dampers are designed and positioned for smooth steering lever operation and minimal control effort.
- 4-corner cutter deck adjustment mechanisms allow for easy deck leveling and pitch adjustment to deliver a smooth, even cut.
- Interlocked parking brake system prevents movement when parked on inclines. The mower cannot be driven when the brake is applied. This prevents premature brake wear.
- Operator friendly instrument panel is conveniently located just to the left of the operator. It includes an ignition switch, mower engagement switch, and separate choke and throttle controls.
- Cup holder and storage bin are molded into the fuel tank to provide added operator convenience and comfort.
Compact mower size enables you to take the Freedom Z into tight places. The Freedom Z also occupies less space in your garage, leaving more room for other tools and toys.
Tires & Wheels
Large drive and caster tires ensure solid traction and a smooth ride.
-Front caster tires: 11x4.5-5.
-Drive tires: 20x10-8 (48", 52" and 61" models); 18x7-8 (36" models)
All steel pulleys are stronger than plastic pulley designs. This is a Scag ... you will not find plastic pulleys on the Freedom Z. Steel dust and debris covers are fitted over idler pulley bearings and spindles to keep foreign material out, extending bearing life.
High-quality electrical components such as switches and tightly woven, custom wiring harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for dependability and long life.
The Scag "Simply the Best" warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of worry-free service. Unlike other mowers in its price range, the Freedom Z carries a commercial warranty as well as an estate owner / home owner warranty.
The FreedomZ has a 3-year Limited Warranty when used in an estate or homeowner application. This warranty covers manufacturing defects for three years, including parts and labor (excludes wear items).
The FreedomZ has a 1-year Limited Warranty when used in a commercial application. This warranty covers manufacturing defects for one year, including parts and labor (excludes wear items).
SCAG FREEDOM Z® MOWER OPTIONS/ ENGINE AND CUTTER DECK COMBINATIONS*
- SFZ36-17KA 36-inch Cutter Deck, 17hp Kawasaki V-twin air-cooled engine
- SFZ36-20BS 36-inch Cutter Deck, 20hp Briggs & Stratton V-twin air-cooled engine
- SFZ48-20FS 48-inch Cutter Deck, 20hp Kawasaki V-twin air-cooled engine
- SFZ48-26BS 48-inch Cutter Deck, 26hp Briggs & Stratton V-twin air-cooled engine
- SFZ52-20FS 52-inch Cutter Deck, 20hp Kawasaki V-twin air-cooled engine
- SFZ52-26BS 52-inch Cutter Deck, 26hp Briggs & Stratton V-twin air-cooled engine
- SFZ61-28BS 61-inch Cutter Deck, 28hp Briggs & Stratton V-twin air-cooled engine
The Scag Freedom Z is more maneuverable and can mow faster than conventional garden tractors. It can cut your mowing time in half* if you are currently cutting your grass with a standard yard & garden tractor.
Even at higher cutting speeds, the Freedom Z delivers a beautiful quality-of-cut and will transform your lawn into the envy of the neighborhood.
* Actual results may vary depending on terrain, obstacles, etc
** Graph and data shown is based upon a 6MPH mowing speed, 8 hours of cutting, with total reduced by 20% to account for overlap and turns.
Accessories for the Scag Freedom Z:
- FreedomZ Grass Collection System
- FreedomZ Halogen Light Kit
- FreedomZ Lawn Striping System
- FreedomZ Trailer Hitch
- FreedomZ Hurricane Mulching System