The Scag Cheetah is the fastest and most comfortable cat in the Scag family. Clocking in at speeds up to 16 mph and featuring a coil-over shock suspension system, the Cheetah is truly a remarkable zero-turn mower.
The Operator Suspension System isolates the entire operator platform via a coil-over shock and provides additional comfort via rubber iso-mounts. This innovative, adjustable system soaks up the bumps and keeps things simple with only three moving parts.
The ZT-5400 transaxles have two-speeds, Low Range (up to 12MPH) and High Range (up to 16MPH). The large 15 gallon fuel capacity (dual tanks) keeps you in the field cutting grass. Fill up in the morning and cut all day long.
From the heavy-duty, Tri-Plate Velocity Plus™ cutter decks, to the various high-power engine options, there's a Cheetah that will increase your productivity and leave your competition in the dust!
- Adjustable, foot pedal cutter deck lift system
- High-quality Gabriel coil-over shock absorber
- Up to 350 ft. lb. PTO Clutch Brake
- Double-tube steel main frame
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles
- Operator friendly instrument panel
- Operator Suspension System
- 61- or 72-inch Velocity Plus cutter decks
- Dual, ZT-5400 Hydro-Gear Transaxles (2-speed)
- Up to 16 MPH ground speed for more productivity
- Engine options ranging from 31hp to 34hp
- 15 gallon fuel capacity (dual tanks)
Operator Suspension System
Operator Suspension System isolates the operator platform via a Gabriel® coil-over shock and rubber iso-mounts. The entire operator platform (seat, controls, foot plate) are suspended to deliver a smooth ride, with only three moving parts. Quick-Fit control levers and 3-position deck lift foot pedal combine to provide unprecedented levels of adjustability and ergonomics.
Up to 16 MPH ground speed
Up to 16 MPH ground speeds keep productivity at a maximum. Two-speed, ZT-5400 transaxles = Low Range (up to 12MPH) and High Range (up to 16MPH). High Range is perfect for traveling from job site to job site in an industrial park or subdivision or for transport back to the trailer. High Range can be used for cutting in less demanding conditions, like late season cutting, laying patterns or cutting dry grass. Most general cutting is best performed in Low Range.
Velocity Plus cutter deck
Choose a 61" or 72" Velocity Plus™ cutter deck and match that with a 31hp Kawasaki FX, 32hp Big Block Vanguard or a 34hp Kawasaki FX engine.
15 gallon fuel capacity
Dual fuel tanks, 15 gallon total capacity keep you in the field cutting grass. Fill up in the morning and cut all day long. Fuel tanks are positioned low, enhancing the mower's low center-of-gravity and giving it excellent hillside stability.
Steel Frame Construction
Double tube steel main frame construction delivers superior strength and ensures years of trouble free service. This design is much stronger than "bolt together" frame designs. The main frame was designed for an ultra-low center-of-gravity to increase hillside stability.
The Ogura GT3.5 or GT5 PTO Clutch Brake delivers up to 350 ft. lbs. of starting and stopping torque. GT3.5 clutch with 250 ft. lbs. of torque is used on the 61" Cheetah. GT5 model with 350 ft. lbs. of torque is used on the 72" Cheetah. Adjustable airgap ensures long component life and reduced maintenance costs. Other brands of electric clutch do not have adjustable air-gaps and once they are out of adjustment, they must be replaced.
Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide reliable performance season after season. The Scag spindle easily handles the high horsepower and torque requirements of this powerful mower. Three year limited warranty.
Flip-up footplate panel (not shown) for access to center blade spindle, blade bolt and the top of the cutter deck.
Standard equipment auxiliary canister air filter system on all Cheetahs. This provides increased service intervals and longer engine life.
• Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient, easy to lift, 3-position adjustable foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1.25" to 5" in 1/4" increments.
• Custom-Cut Baffle allows you to customize the cutter deck to your individual cutting conditions.
• Deck leveling adjustment bracket allows for easy in-the-field deck leveling adjustment.
• Quick-Fit steering control leverswith dual gas-charged dampeners for smooth, precise responsiveness. Steering levers are adjustable (without tools) to fit a wide range of operator sizes, increasing operator comfort.
• The gas-charged dampeners have three mounting positions (requires tools) to customize the resistance on the steering levers.
• Custom, high-back, bolstered seat adds another level of comfort to the Scag Cheetah.
• Operator friendly instrument panel includes an ammeter, ignition switch, mower engagement switch, separate choke and throttle controls. The hour meter is conveniently located in the instrument panel.
• User-friendly mower design allows quick, clean access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance. Rear hood and access panels require no tools to swing out of the way for access.
Tires & Wheels
- Extra large 24 inch drive tires and up to 13 x 6 - 6 caster wheels ensure better traction, less turf tearing and easy curb climbing.
- Flat-Free front caster tires virtually eliminate downtime and expense caused by flat front tires.
- Tapered roller bearings are utilized in the front caster wheels and in the caster pivots for durability and reduced maintenance. Low profile dust caps on the caster yoke pivots resist damage from impacts and foreign objects.
- The front caster extension is replaceable in the event of damage from an impact.
Foldable Rollover Protection System
Foldable Rollover Protection System (ROPS) is standard equipment and easily fits into enclosed trailers. ROPS provides additional operator safety. Retractable seatbelts for added convenience. The low-hinge point ROPS design folds away without adding height or length to the mower when traveling under trees or low overhangs.
- "Split-Steel" pulleys are used on load carrying areas like the cutter deck spindles and pump drive systems. Split steel pulleys are stronger than cast iron or stamped pulley designs. Our pulleys are strong for long life and lightweight for reduced inertia and decreased wear on the cutter deck drive system, including the PTO clutch.
- No plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Spring loaded idler arms effortlessly keep belts in constant, optimum adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Excellent hillside stability due to an exceptionally low center-of-gravity and extra wide stance.
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp longer for reduced maintenance.
- High quality electrical components such as switches, wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for trouble-free service. In-line sealed fuses are easily accessible should they need to be replaced.
- Digital SmartSense hour meter displays maintenance reminders to help ensure that routine service is completed. The hourmeter only runs when the engine is running for more accurate recording of operation time.
- There are many, time saving, money making accessories for the Cheetah like the Tiger Striper lawn striping kit, spindle driven grass catchers, halogen light kits and more.
SCAG CHEETAH MOWER OPTIONS/ ENGINE AND CUTTER DECK COMBINATIONS
- SCZ61V-31KA 61-inch Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 31hp Kawasaki air-cooled engine
- SCZ61V-32BV 61-inch Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 32hp Big Block Vanguard engine
- SCZ72V-34KA 72-inch Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 34hp Kawasaki air-cooled engine
Scag Cheetah Accessories
Tiger Striper™ - Lawn Striping System
The patented Tiger Stripe Lawn Striping System is the ultimate way to enhance the striping ability of your Cheetah. The Tiger Striper has unique features that allow you to turn the stripe on and off, and remove the entire roller system without tools. It is spring-loaded so it applies downward pressure onto the grass. This further enhances the stripe and allows the roller to contour to uneven terrain better than standard fixed rollers. Click here to learn more about the Tiger Striper and lawn striping.
3-Bag Grass Collection System
The spindle driven grass collection system for the Cheetah makes bagging easy and productive. A 16 bushel capacity, high-performance blower, and easy-on, easy-off design make this a must have accessory for any 61" Cheetah.
"CS" Clam Shell™"Dump-From-the-Seat" Grass Collection System
The "CS" Clam Shell, Dump from the Seat grass collection system for the Cheetah makes bagging a breeze. The operator pulls a dump lever, from the seat, which opens the rear door and activates a sweeping arm that cleans out the hopper. A large 12 bushel capacity and high-performance blower keep you in the grass. This productive accessory will fit 61"Cheetah.
Halogen Light Kit
The Scag halogen light kit is easy to mount, and provides bright white light to illuminate your way. 100 watts total, 50 watts per light. Mower is pre-wired and light kit includes all required components for easy installation. (actual lights may vary from picture shown)
12-inch Chrome Wheel Cover
Classy Chrome Wheel Covers are made of extremely durable plastic. They include metal retaining tabs, an access hole for the valve stem and proudly feature the Scag logo in chrome. Sold in sets of two to fit the rear drive wheels.
Hurricane Plus Mulching System™
The Hurricane Plus Mulching system fits all Scag Cheetah mowers. It utilizes "eye of the hurricane" mulching plates combined with bolt-in v-baffles, flow directors and Eliminator mulching blades to create the best performing, most productive mulching system available for commercial mowers! Hurricane Mulch System also available for 2004 and newer Advantage decks.
The Scag Mulch Plate is an easy way to mulch. A simple bolt-on plate captures the grass under the cutter deck where it can be mulched into small clippings.
Pull a trailer with the optional hitch! Haul landscape supplies, pull behind attachments or handheld equipment right to the job site. Make yourself more productive by reducing the number of trips back and forth to the truck. Take it with you! (250 lb. capacity)
This innovative tool allows easy and fast cutter blade removal. It safely secures the cutter blade from rotating when a blade change is needed. The Blade Buddy can be used on ALL of your Scag mowers!